Monday 31 December 2012

And so it begins!

Dear........ Readers? Followers? Minions?

Kinda like the sound of that last one..... So here goes!

Dear Minions!!

At the very vigorous behest of a darling girl I work with I have started this blog! Not really sure what to do here as I've never even read a blog before. My sister informed me the other night, over a pot of tea, that I'm supposed to post interesting things here! My dear co-worker thinks I should post pictures and tutorials to share my creations and ambitious projects. My sister told me many people use blogs like journals, so I think I'll try a bit of both! I'd like to start this off with a little information about myself (hopefully it'll explain some of the bizarre postings you may see and I apologize, in advance, for much of the content that will be put on here!).

First things first! For the last two years I've been working as a Funeral Director/Mortician/Embalmer/Whatever-Other-Title-You-Wish-To-Give-It. This will hopefully account for my morbid(?) sense of humour and potentially creepy stories :) Due to an unfortunate turn of events (though, very possibly fortunate, one never really does know), I've taken a bit of a hiatus from the corpse factory and returned to the life of a fabric jockey ( my other true love!).

I'm a big fan of the whole 50's/60's nostalgia, Rockabilly and Psychobilly scenes. Add a dash of Victorian whimsy, a Punk Rock edge and a touch of insanity and that's me in a nutshell. I enjoy Astronomy ( keep an eye out for updates on cool stuff like meteor shower announcements and other similar events!), Biology ( I'll share neat facts from time to time), Art (may even dig into the archives and post pictures of work past as well as current projects!), Sewing and crafting ( will hopefully be posting intriguing tips, tricks and ideas!), Party planning ( I have a HUGE milestone event coming this summer/fall that I will definitely keep mentioning!) and a whole bunch of very eclectic but frightfully interesting other things that I can't focus enough to mention at the moment ( I'll keep you posted ;) ).

I've experienced a fair many hardships in my life (a good number of them very recently), but have also seen some of the most beautiful sights and surrounded myself with a small but amazing circle of friends and family. I try to stay optimistic because no matter what life throws at you it's undoubtably better than the alternative! I would know lol :)

And so, I sit here, tippity typing away here with you this New Year's Eve ( does it not seem like and auspicious time to start a new endeavor my lovelies??), looking towards the future with all the excitement, trials, tribulations and adventures that lie in wait for us! I certainly hope you will join me in the coming weeks and months ( I do hope to post at the very least once a week, even if it's just a goofy comic or crudely sketched project idea!) as I let the manic swarm of spiders that call themselves ideas tumble out and spin their silken inspiration into webs of tangible and fantastical garments, doodles and DIYs for your pleasure!!

So cheers to you my darling Minions and remember to keep kreepin'!


Missa Deadlove xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment